Here are Raymond Capaldi’s top 8 cookbooks:
1. Raymond Blanc: Recipes From Le Manoir Aux Quat’ Saisons by Raymond Blanc (1990)
This book is a must for all chefs. Raymond Blanc is another of those talented self-taught chefs who questioned science…years before Ferran Adria started doing it.
2.Kitchen Secrets, Raymond Blanc
3. Marriages: Est Est EST Cookbook. Donovan Cooke
This is a chef’s bible, the best cookbook to have been produced in Australia in my mind. It’s great to see Donovan back cooking here.
4. Week in week out by Simon Hopkinson
This is simply great cooking from a chef in the UK who sadly no longer is in a restaurant kitchen.
5. Feasting by Karen Martini (and her other books)
These books are simply beautifully presented. You can see a review on the Books for Cooks website here.
6. Essential cuisine. Michel Bras
7. White Heat. Marco Pierre White
What can I say? He was the original.
8.Charlie Trotter. The whole series of cookbooks
These books all stand the test of time. In the plating of the food you can see techniques that have been used in the plating at Mugaritz in it’s early days and more recently Noma in Copenhagen.